It's random and another way for me to share some news. Occasionally, I imagine there will be topics and most definitely photos that have nothing to do with public libraries! Enjoy.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Week 2

It has been a slow start on my end in terms of working on the next set of 21 Things! I've been cleaning out files, trying to make room for more project documents and such. The shelves are too full. It's amazing how many things a youth librarian accumulates and not everything fits neatly in a file or standard shelf--what to do?! Do you too get comments from co-workers about your space? Do they wish they had the stuff we do, I wonder? I'm looking at a broken ukelele, ARCs, Roald Dahl program kit package, a stack of We the People ideas to scan or copy, and of course, summer reading notebooks and folders. What's on your desk?
For fun I'm going to visit local member library to meet up with one of our summer reading sponsors; they've brought their mascot for a program "Mind Your Pennies with Buck!". Back later...

1 comment:

  1. stuff... do I ever have stuff, and yes I get comments. I'm the go-to person in my library for random stuff (eye dropper? magnifying glass? borax? glycerin? dowels? check!)and I think there's a mix of wonder at the variety and bemusement at all of it. Which is why I keep some of my "stuff" at home, like the costumes that will be used for the Crazy Costume caper coming up...

    and then there are all the files, both paper and electronic - sometimes I think I shouldn't hold on to so much, but I frequently find myself grabbing stuff from files on the run, and very grateful that I saved them!

    It's been a swamped week for me; signed up for Google reader and have been trying to track that, but I'm stuck there.

    ReplyDelete