It's random and another way for me to share some news. Occasionally, I imagine there will be topics and most definitely photos that have nothing to do with public libraries! Enjoy.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Getting back

Long time in posting. Many know why, and each day more sun shines and good memories take up more space. Today, as I'm working on putting lots of documents, etc. together for Dutch Wonderland, I came across this that today marks the anniversary of when Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., received the Nobel Peace Prize.

Update on YS activity -- our Five Below Fundraiser is due to end tomorrow. Still time to go shop and support next year's summer reading program, "One World, Many Stories". I heard back from Tammi about her 'drumming' program and she is looking forward to attending the workshop. Paula has a good idea about asking Shuts for a geo-caching program! I'm making the Highsmith order next Friday. YIG is happening this Tuesday, bring your ideas! Special Services staff have been so helpful with all the reserve books I'm getting for workshop. I started reading The Color of My Words by Lynn Joseph this morning. The themed traveling trunk (s) is totally full! Yesterday I added to the resources with a purchase of 'around the world' puppets from Folkmanis! I think you'll like them, and they will either complement what you have and supply you for program needs. The llama puppet is especially nice.

Cheers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment