It's random and another way for me to share some news. Occasionally, I imagine there will be topics and most definitely photos that have nothing to do with public libraries! Enjoy.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Check out what I'm reading

Just joined goodreads.com and am finding it fascinating. I see lots of potential. I sent a recommended read to my facebook page (which I haven't checked in what 'weeks!' or a month). I think this Thing will be useful for the youth librarians to build some of their own shelves and we put together a group. A great way to know what a colleague thinks is a good read, or one that bites.
Check out my books on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/profile/R_Christiansen

2 comments:

  1. Yay for goodreads!! I am going straight to your link to befriend you! I use GoodReads way too much but I love it! I actually use Shelfari for the children's lit portion of my reading - it would get too crazy to do it all in one place. But GR is so graet! It might be fun to connect with youth libs around our state too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A school librarian suggested I try out Shelfari too. I think goodreads for youth service staff around PA would be good idea. I am just in the wee stages of trying to figure out. Took my first quiz but not sure what happened to results or where it ended up 'it was -- guess what book I wrote'. I think I already have one library director hooked on goodreads. So many books!

    ReplyDelete