It's random and another way for me to share some news. Occasionally, I imagine there will be topics and most definitely photos that have nothing to do with public libraries! Enjoy.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Webinars & Podcasts

I've participated in a bunch of webinars. Some really great ones from our Homework Help Service, Tutor.com. For podcasts, I think it was on programminglibrarian, for summer reading, there are some very fine ones there which I highly recommend.
It's been extremely busy week, with end of summer reading and trying to connect with 25 private schools about our Mission GO, grade one library card campaign. I've made several trips over to local IU warehouse to get the materials delivered to schools. It's a new process to get used to. I hope the school educators get them soon!
Oh, great workshop here in Lancaster. We had Cathy DeRosa from OCLC speak about marketing libraries and geekthelibrary.org   I sent my friend one of the postcards. She has a jewerly store, so I imagine she'll geekjewerly!  I asked my husband what he geeked. He replied "I geekRenee".  He geeks more than that  -- I know. His cellphone met some water recently and he took it apart and dried it out and put it all back together -- and voila! We didn't have to get a new one. It works. Eric geeksmechanics.

Penny Talbert from Ephrata Public Library presented an upbeat and very informative session on Public Library & School Library Collaborations. If you don't know your high school coach or musical director -- you need to. Who is going to set up those 100 chairs the next time you have a big program! and what about students performing chamber music at the next adult program at your library -- who are you going to call!?

1 comment:

  1. yes, webinars rock! And so does Geek The Library!! And I love your husband's reply! He sounds like my husband, who cracked his iphone screen - bought some replacement kit, took it apart, put it back together and it all works. DEFINITELY not my skill set! I heart Penny T too - I may ask her to come down to do a thing here on public and school lib collaboration.

    ReplyDelete