It's random and another way for me to share some news. Occasionally, I imagine there will be topics and most definitely photos that have nothing to do with public libraries! Enjoy.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Summer ends & what's next

Summer Reading Program ending tomorrow! This week has been a whirland at local public libraries, between hosting what has been a fantastic show, Flow Circus, to receiving hundreds of completed reading sheets!  I know I can hear everyone breathe a sigh of relief that it is just one day away.

Thanks to all Lancaster County youth and family members who participated in the countywide summer reading program. 

What's around the corner you ask? Mission GO is. Our countywide library card sign up celebrating National Library Card Sign-up Month. First graders will be signing up for their very first public library card! A great milestone of childhood celebrated with parents and adult caregivers -- yes-- actually taking snaps of their child using their library card for the first time. Now that is a Kodak (did I just date myself?) moment.  Anyone out there ever be a part of this picture taking moment? It's really quite wonderful. Right up there with attending a naturalization ceremony--makes you think about all the good things in life.

2 comments:

  1. SOunds wonderful and take those pictures.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're taking pics of kids! I'd love to see those kinds of pictures up all over the library! Can you imagine sending copies to local legislatures? Hard to resist funding when a smiling first-grader is checking out his/her first book, I say!

    ReplyDelete